The Call of the Wild

In language classes, I am reading a book called The Call of the Wild by Jack London. This is a book about a dog called Buck, and his life which is full of harsh experiences. However, he overcomes all the problems one by one, and he finally knows: Only the strong will survive.

I have not read much yet, and so far, But I have enjoyed it because it is a story about a dog and it has been sale to a saloonkeeper. He has undergone some torture and insult. The way the author describes this character is interesting, since he is using personification to describe a dog, and showing the dog’s emotion and thinking.

So this makes me thinking about the real life, when we meet hardship, insult or desperate situation, shall we give up, or still facing the problems with beliefs. Of course we all know the right response to this is never give up, but things always goes off from what we think when we do encounter them. It is definitely easy to give up when different emotions all attacks our minds.

The importance is to enrich our own minds, and get strong in minds, as the book said: Only the strong will survive…